Saturday, May 22, 2010

Yoga & journaling Retreat


Well it's been a couple of months since my friend Rachel and I hosted the Yoga & Journaling Retreat in Duck North Carolina, but, the first time I tried to post this it failed. One of those heartbreaking I've got the baby to nap, written, uploaded and now where the BLEEEEP did it all go kinda fails! Of course I got through it all with my yoga breath and now I'm just getting around to putting another post up!

We had an excellent turn out of 10 ladies, most from Washington & Chocowinity North Carolina. We were joined by my dear friends; Sharon, who flew in from Toronto Canada and by my Yogi bud Heather who lives in the Outer Banks. She graciously rented us one of her amazing beach houses to host our retreat. Of course Finley was along for this girl's weekend as I was still nursing her! This made for a little less Zen for moi, but, everyone else just loved having her precious little energy around.

Here Fin & I are about to lead morning practice.
She does go to sleep in the Ergo while I teach.

Finley is zonked out for morning nap while I make an adjustment to Jan.
The ladies are in Triangle pose.

Finley at the centre of all enjoying the attention of 10 ladies!
We are in the midst of a writing exercise here.

Voila Dinner! It's a delicious vegetarian Dal with jasmine rice.
Orange Salad
Asparagus Salad

An evening book making class offered by the very talented Rachel Mills.

Ahhh, some AM Yoga twists.

Plow Posture

Cheers Ya'll here's to an excellent weekend!

Seafood Medley. SOOOO Yumm- O!

Rachel did all the shopping and cooking. The meals were above and beyond fantastic. I have learned pretty darn quickly never to refuse an invite to dinner at Rachel's house! She is a master in the kitchen and she makes it all look so effortless! Each of the ladies brought baked goods and appetizers too. We ate like ROYALTY!

The yoga was outstanding and was supplemented by walking the beach and watching a storm blow through from the crow's nest, afternoon naps, books shared, interesting journaling workshops and of course the shared company of an amazing, talented, beautiful group of women.

We can't wait to do it again next spring!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Ahh that looks soo relaxing. Sorry I missed it, and I'm looking forward to another chance!

Twwly Again said...

Make that WORD.

Twwly said...

I can't hear the words "retreat" without thinking of Chuck Palahnuik's Haunted.