Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Six Words


Mom 101 is one of the first blogs I began following when I found out I was prego. I get a kick out of her. Today she posted this link to a contest:

Six-Word MOMoirs! • CONTEST: Six words on being a mother or your relationship with your mom.

So having just completed a MEMOIR writing class through UCLA, this mention of writing about your mother or mothering experience in 6 words has presented a good challenge. I think I might take a stab at it. But how the hell do you sum up your relationship with your mom in 6 words?

I'm not a "Mother's Day" fan. I think everyday is mother's day and since it was the mother who chose to become a mother they just need to suck it up, do the work and enjoy the ride. The good the bad and the ugly of it. No kid truly appreciates the work of parenting until they become a parent themselves and then if their mom is around to hear it, the apologies for every horrible thing ever done between birth and the age of 30 start flowing. I think it's a gift to parent some one.... see 6 words will be very hard for me.

Vote!
I'll submit your favorite. Oh and you try it too it's FUN!

1. My mother cursed me a daughter. (just like me - I was a sh*t)

2. Beer, nookie, a daughter born. Looky!

3. Our daughter. Me and hubby combined.

4. Love, Marriage, baby carriage, life complete.

5. My greatest joy is with Finley.

6. Nothing prepares us for motherhood, nothing.

7. Nothing prepares or compares to motherhood.

8. Speaking mum's words to my daughter.

9. Car featured on Hoarders, since kids.

10. Three minutes of push ups, baby.


3 comments:

Yorke said...

I like 1 and 2. Or
Gin, Tonic? No, Fin from chronic.

Passions and Musings said...

I'm partial to #1...reminds me of my daughter.

Kelly Hill said...

I vote for #5. xo