Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's In A Name?


MAE


English meaning of the girl´s name Mae:


kinswomen

French meaning of the girl´s name Mae:


May, goddess of spring growth


It can also mean the 5th month and be a short form of both Mary and Maeve.


Meet Great Grandma Mae! She was named after her mom's sister Aunt Mae, Steve's mom was named Linda Mae, and now we have our Finley Mae.

I like your ears Great Grandma Mae

I like your mouth too Great Grandma Mae

Aren't they sweet together?

On my side we have MAE as well. My Aunt Ann was originally named Mae (a name change occurred after she was adopted) and her birth mom was Mae.

It's only fitting that we would choose this name for our wee lass too. For Us the name MAE is a family name all the way around!


1 comment:

The Accidental Pharmacist said...

Love the name Mae. Gorgeous. I love those names from older generations. Our family name seems to be Ruth which we didn't love as much. We also have a Daisy which sticks in my mind.