Tuesday, August 18, 2009

EC

We started Elimination Communication this week.

IT TOTALLY WORKS! I was amazed. I mean I know people who have been successful, but, I had no idea I could be successful with it too!

We have caught the last 4 out of 6 poopies in a potty.

No, I am not nuts.

No, I don't have too much time on my hands.

Yes, in the long run it will save me time and be more hygienic and environmentally friendly.

I'd rather clean a potty into a toilet than clean poop out of a cloth diaper. For that reason alone I am gonna stick with it. Then there is the public toilet change facilities (gross) I usually change her in the car but what if I can just hold her over the toilet and not carry soiled diapers around in my bag? I also really like the idea that the potty is introduced early so it's not a foreign object introduced after I have trained my baby to go in her pants. This can be our reality.

More on this to come. Here's a recent article from the Toronto Star.


No comments: