Sunday, October 26, 2008

BBP=Before Baby P



I was recently gifted with a "Maternity Journal." Since I journal everything and have for my lifetime in various ways, I really can't think of a better gift. The coolest thing is that when the journal is done I get to pass it along to Baby P - when Baby is grown. Thanks Kel!

This is an excerpt from the 1st Journal Entry back dated BBP = Before Baby P.

August 2 & 3, 2008

We had an eventful weekend. Saturday was to be a giant paintball game with Steve's coworkers followed by a BBQ at our house - but- it was 98 degrees so - thankfully it was cancelled. I was afraid of pulling on coveralls, gloves and a full face mask in this heat...but to be honest the recollection of welts incurred on my body from the last time I played was scaring me more than heat stroke! Steve and I went for a casual sail and anchored out to do a bit of crabbing. A whole school of porpoise swam by -which is a very cool sight anytime, but, quite a rarity on our river which is a mix of salt & fresh water. Steve took a picture of me & a crab - I told him to erase it - I looked so fat! Upon arriving home - I dipped into a bottle of Midol.






Sunday morning the alarm went off at 4:30 AM - we headed to meet a friend of Steve's to go off shore fishing in Morehead City for the day. The water was rough - we spent a good 4 hours slamming up and down - Steve's friend laughed at me because in all the thrashing around on the boat - I fell asleep sitting up- while trolling. Today we caught a handful of small Spanish Mackerel and a 2ft MAKO Shark!?

Arriving home Steve set about making Ceviche with the Mackerel and I proceed to open a bottle of wine. "Just giving you a heads up - I am a little over due for my lady days." I am pretty sure I am speaking aloud to myself more than to Steve. He smiles at me and refills my wine glass.

P.S My boobs are huge. The Midol worked everywhere but there. Hmm...



No comments: